Addictions counselling in Pretoria, Gauteng
Helping adults and adolescents discover ways to manage their self-destructive behaviours and addictions to enable them to withstand whatever life throws at them.
Life’s challenges can feel dark, heavy, or even impossible to deal with.
Most people who start addictions counselling feel stuck in a rut, unable to move forward. Often their families are angry with them and they feel that no-one understands them. Perhaps you can relate. Maybe you feel like you want to escape your life or you know you’d be happier if you made changes but it feels safer and more comfortable to stay the same.
Stuck in your self-destructive patterns and feeling overwhelmed and trapped, you may feel like life is out of control.
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You feel sick and tired of repeating the same old patterns
- You feel lonely, even when you are with others.
- You feel empty inside, like nothing can fill the gaping hole in your soul
- You feel like something is missing and your balance is “off”
- You lost the joyful feelings that you used to have in life.
If this sound true for you, I want you to know that even though it might feel difficult to open up about what you’re really going through, even to family and friends, reaching out and asking for help can start your journey to living a life without addictions and self- destructive behaviours. Therapy provides a non-judgemental space for you to talk freely about what’s bothering you.
It’s possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could…
- Make healthier and more self-loving choices for your life.
- Figure out who you are and what direction to go in next.
- Create a more meaningful life based on who you are and what you desire.
- Change your life for the better.
Counselling can help you rise above your challenges and start moving towards your ideal life with less suffering and more fulfilment. You will get the new mindset you need to start taking care of yourself, you will uncover your internal strengths and learn new life skills.
Even if you are not sure how counselling could help you, send me an email so we can discuss a way forward for you.
I have helped many people struggling with addictions and self-destructive behaviours find their way to loving themselves and being able to face life’s challenges with a new perspective.
How it works
Counselling consists of 60-minute, one-on-one sessions (face-to-face or online) that help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, I will provide guidance based on my experience. We both play an active role in finding the best way forward for you.
Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
- First, I provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me.
- Through hearing your story, I will start to get a picture of what your challenges are.
- We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations.
- We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach them.
- Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards the life you desire.
Research shows that counselling can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviours. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
Let’s Get Started Today
Ready to start feeling better? If you feel stuck in a rut, unable to move forward, counselling could help.
Start now and discover ways to manage whatever life throws at you. During your phone consultation, you can share what’s going on for you and we can explore how I can help.
Call me on 083 406 1303 or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here for you.
Reach out for more information or to book a consultation.
I Work With Individuals, Couples, Families, Schools & Companies
Adults, adolescents, face-to-face or online dealing with addiction and
avoidant, self-destructive and numbing behaviours.
Families and Couples
Ongoing supportive counselling that involves the family or loved one to create a conducive recovery environment for everyone in the family to recover.
Schools and Companies
Training and awareness talks are presented to school educators, parents and learners, whilst company presentations are presented to employees and managers.
Let’s Discover How I Can Help
Let’s discover how I can help. Reach out to get your free 15-minute phone consultation.
During your free consultation call, you can share a bit about what’s going on and I can answer any questions you might have.
Email me today at email@example.com. I’m here for you.